As you plan to adopt IBM Planning Analytics cloud, it’s important to understand what it takes. This blog highlights areas you will be involved-in when you upgrade from on-premise TM1 10.x.x to Planning Analytics on Cloud.
IBM Planning Analytics Local is the new version of TM1 which was released by IBM in December 2016. IBM has rebranded TM1 to IBM Planning Analytics Local. Get used to using the name Planning Analytics instead of TM1
- Virtual Dimensions will change the game of Analysis with Planning Analytics (Powered By TM1)
- You can use Product, Customer or Employee Attributes in your slice/dice/pivot tools as ‘Virtual Dimensions’ without having to physically define them as a dimension when creating the cube
- You can add virtual dimension at any time after the cube exists, so your analysis opportunities are endless
- Cubes can now be half the size and twice as fast bec
ause you don’t need physical dimensions to drive analysis
- And further, you can add fresh new data to your analysis ‘On the Fly’ with no disruption to Cube Structure, Business Rules, or Processes
- Tremendous flexibility to react quickly to market change
- e.g. If you have 3 attributes to a Product dimension, then those 3 attributes can be converted into 3 Virtual dimensions and can be used on any existing cube which has the Product dimension attached to it
What happens when a user attempts 3 incorrect passwords in TM1?
When the user attempts the 4th time he/she will get a message saying: “The maximum number of login attempts has been exceeded”
How do we resolve this?
TM1 has got multiple control cubes. One of the control cube which was introduced with the release of planning analytics is }StatsByRule Control cube. With the help of this control cube a number of rule related stats can be viewed