Most who are still on Cognos Business Intelligence software version 10.2.x would know that the software version was due End of Service this April 2018. It was quite dreading for existing users who had not planned an upgrade to Cognos Analytics (or C11 as it is called within IBM) just yet as it wasn’t really a straight forward version upgrade but a complete overhaul in the way you would interact with Cognos BI; more intuitive, user friendly and insightful but requires a bit of learning and a little more unlearning.
IBM has just announced a new support option – Continuing Support for all Cognos 10.2.x versions when your software reaches End of Service (EOS).
Things to note;
- Continuing Support provides flexibility for you to remain up and running on your software version with non-defect Support until you are able to upgrade to the latest version.
- Continuing Support provides uninterrupted access to many of the benefits of S&S and is more affordable than other options, such as a Service Extension or Total Content Ownership.
- Continuing Support is only available when you maintain active IBM SW S&S (Support and Subscription).
- Continuing Support assistance provides you with access to pre-existing and available fixes. New interim fixes will NOT be created as part of this offering.
- If a new interim fix is required, you will need first to purchase and sign a contract for a Service Extension. This is conditional and not a guarantee.
- A Service Extension is recommended only if you want to cover your mission critical installations.
- What if you have already purchased a Service Extension from IBM for non-mission critical application support? Well do not worry, IBM is allowing its customers to cancel an existing Service Extension agreement. By cancelling your Service Extension agreement, you will remove coverage for defect assistance and will be required to pay an increased fee if defect correction is required in future.
- IBM may withdraw or discontinue Continuing Support for the Programs by providing at least twelve (12) months’ prior notice of such withdrawal or discontinuance.
What does Continued Support “does not” include as compared to standard S&S;
- Voice and electronic access support for code-related problems.
- Development analysis of new defects.
- Development of or packaging fixes that are not already available.
- Support for Supporting Programs and third-party components.
- Infrastructure that are not included in the software version’s Hardware and Software Requirement page.
For more information;
- To check on your existing S&S contract and its extension you are encouraged to email on email@example.com or reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
- For clients who own Cognos 10.2.x software but are not currently under IBM S&S agreement, kindly reach out to us at email@example.com and learn how you can get your software regularised to receive extended/continued support.
- To read about this announcement and more, visit https://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg22005165
Octane Software Solutions Pty Ltd is an IBM Registered Business Partner specializing in Corporate Performance Management and Business Intelligence. We provide our clients advice on best practices and help scale up applications to optimise their return on investment. Our key services include Consulting, Delivery, Support and Training.
Octane has its head office in Sydney, Australia as well as offices in Canberra, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Mumbai, and Hyderabad.To know more about us visit, OctaneSoftwareSolutions.